LABOR CATEGORY: ESCG-IT2 – IT2
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Avionics Network Lab Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a
passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you! We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Network Lab Engineer to join our team with JETS teammate company, Barrios Technology, Inc.
The Avionics Network Lab Engineer will:
- Maintain and update spacecraft avionics lab hardware and software
- Validate C&DH subsystem requirements
- Validate spacecraft network interface requirements
- Configure and troubleshoot development hardware and software with limited documentation
- Identifying bugs, and working with the product vendor to reproduce and resolve
- Organize and manage multiple priorities
- Communicate and demonstrate progress to management
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position. - Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation. - Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five
(5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in computer or system science, and four (4) years of
progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer networking technology especially at Layer 2
- Experience architecting Computer Networks and using Network Management Tools
- Familiarity with Network Troubleshooting Techniques
- Experience with a Scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with IEEE802.3 (Ethernet) standards
- Familiarity with Linux systems, programming with C/C+
- Knowledge and understanding of computer network Layer 3 technology
- Avionic network systems design and development (electrical or software)
- Experience with real-time embedded programing with C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with VxWorks RTOS
- Experience with socket programing
- Familiarity with Git or other similar configuration management/version control systems
- Familiar with commercial products available in computer networking technology
- Familiarity with Time-Triggered Ethernet (TTE) (SAE AS6802) and AFDX (ARINC 664p7)
- Familiarity with AFDX (ARINC 664p7)
- Experience with BASH scripting
- Hardware cabling standards
- Experience with spacecraft avionics and circuit design or analysis is a plus
- Previous experience in the application of computer network technology in space systems.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). It May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5%
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with an established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and
adjust the schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be
appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”