Aeyon is committed to Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Innovation – Always!
At the very center of Aeyon’s core values is our unwavering commitment to a culture that always focuses on the success of our customers, provides rewarding careers for our employees, and gives back to our communities.
Excellence is at the core of our service delivery model and drives our success. We embrace our obligation to our employees and our communities. We maintain integrity in all that we do for our customers and our corporate selves, and we seek innovation in service to the Country.
Your day-to-day work will include:
The Internal Audit position supports the Office of Assistant Secretary of the Army and Financial Management & Comptroller, General Fund Audit Sustainment. The Internal Audit subject matter expert (SME) is part of a large-scale effort to assist in a broad range of financial management services to support the audit and remediation of the Army’s General Fund Financial Statement audit.
The SME position is focused on conducting and reviewing internal audits to help validate that corrective actions are operating effectively. This individual may be required to provide training related to internal control testing, help develop test plans, and review and analyze key supporting documents (KSD) related to Army business processes. The position requires coordination with Army Commands; the SME will be responsible for the delivery and execution of high-quality work products, deliverables, and professional services and work closely with Government personnel under the supervision of an Aeyon project manager.
Duties and expectations include, but are not limited the following:
• Develop internal audit testing documents.
• Review key supporting documentation.
• Manage, review, and deliver the Prepared by Client (PBC) and Sample requests with proper document retention, participating in auditor's test of design (TOD) and test of effectiveness (TOE) walk-throughs.
• Provide direct internal validation testing support to the Army Commands, System PMOs, Service Providers, and internal technical business process teams to address audit findings and monitor Corrective Action Plan (CAP) cycle development, execution, and validation.
• Analyze data across the financial statement business processes for the general fund audits and identify trends.
• Develop reporting metrics and graphs to present audit progress.
• Assist in developing reports and briefings for high-level Army leadership and external organizations.
• Work with Sector Leads and Project Managers to ensure Aeyon protects and/or grows revenue, maximizes profits and decreases open-funded positions to the greatest extent possible.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 8 years of federal financial management
Mandatory: Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, or Business Management required.
Waivable/Substitutable: Bachelor's Degree, along with a Certified Defense Financial Management (CDFM), Certified Government Financial Management (CGFM), or CPA, and can be a substitution to the Masters' Degree requirement.
Hybrid- Crystal City, VA
Notable Perks and Benefits:
Aeyon’s benefit plan year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. The following list depicts what Aeyon offers its employees.
What can you plan for? Great question, here’s an overview for you!
• Base Salary
• Health Care Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental)
• 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
• 100% Employer paid Short Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Observed Federal Holidays
• Vision – Seeing is believing!
• Pet Insurance – They’re family too!
• Life/ Disability – If needed
• LifeLock – You are you; no one should take that away!
• Professional Certification Reimbursement Program (PMP, SHRM, CDFM, ETC…)
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• … and other additional company offerings!
• All active regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in Aeyon’s benefits program.
• Benefits are effective on your date of hire!
Here at Aeyon we believe in creating an environment that fosters a healthy work/ life balance. The typical day consists of a 9-5 Monday-Friday work schedule totaling 40 hours per week, but we do realize that life happens, and things come up. Many of our positions allow some flexibility in the work schedule for unforeseen events so that our employees can maintain a 40-hour work week and still have the opportunity to meet other obligations during the workday.
For most positions at Aeyon, a candidate must have or be able to obtain a company sponsored security clearance. A security clearance is like a background check. It is required for individuals who are hired for US government jobs or any organization that handles information pertaining to national security. The security clearance process ensures your ability to securely access, manage, and protect classified information. Although the security clearance process involves several stages, the key steps to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance are pre-investigation, investigation, adjudication, and reinvestigation.
Being a part of Aeyon means contributing to what matters most in your career and in your community while taking part in rewarding experiences and making a difference. At Aeyon we are committed to supporting initiatives like Wreaths across America, Operation Covert Santa, Children’s National Hospital and so many more! In addition, Aeyon is pleased to announce its annual scholarships to support and encourage dependents of Aeyon employees enrolled in an accredited college or trade/technical school.
We’re committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for every teammate, with great opportunities for professional growth. If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission, then we are excited to meet you! Applying today is the way to start your Journey as an Aeyon employee.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”