Aeyon is committed to Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Innovation – Always!
At the very center of Aeyon’s core values is our unwavering commitment to a culture that always focuses on the success of our customers, provides rewarding careers for our employees, and gives back to our communities.
Excellence is at the core of our service delivery model and drives our success. We embrace our obligation to our employees and our communities. We maintain integrity in all that we do for our customers and our corporate selves, and we seek innovation in service to the Country.
Your day-to-day work will include:
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the universe’s origins, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable space exploration while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer - Advanced Concepts - to join our team.
This position will work with NASA’s advanced concepts and strategy team to develop and define future human space exploration vehicles and missions. This work will involve studying future Lunar mission campaigns and evaluating constraints across multiple space vehicles such as Gateway, Orion, and HLS. Concepts for Lunar surface exploration campaigns and future long-term Lunar surface missions will also be studied and developed. Conceptual vehicles will be matured and evaluated by working with multi-discipline teams in a highly collaborative environment.
• Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
• Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
• Perform other duties as required.
Required - 3 or more of these skills
• Experience with developing functional block diagrams and functional allocations.
• Experience creating and tracking conceptual space vehicle designs via MEL/PEL/TEL.
• Experience creating concepts for operations of single-vehicle systems and operations across multiple space vehicles.
• Experience with technology roadmap development and creating technology infusion plans.
• Experience with capturing trade space of potential 'system solutions' and establishing a trade-study framework to allow evaluations (using all available technologies – expert opinions, simulation and modeling, market research, analysis, prototypes, etc.).
• Experience with interface definition for vehicle subsystems.
• Experience collecting/understanding stakeholder needs.
• Experience with interface definitions between multiple vehicles or elements of a mission.
• Experience creating configuration growth or evolution plans and defining incremental capabilities for a mission sequence.
• Ability to define mission sequences within a single mission across multiple missions.
• Experience in early program concept development and formulation.
• Experience with developing system architectures and documenting them for presentation to senior management.
• Knowledge of systems engineering principles and associated documentation.
• Experience working with multiple NASA organizations.
• Experience working across NASA centers.
• Experience with NASA sponsored or funded technology development.
• Experience with space mission analysis (e.g., orbit analysis, delta-V budgets, spacecraft constraint evaluation).
• Familiarity with human space exploration systems (for example Orion, Commercial Crew, ISS, EMU/xEMU).
• Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection for engineering products.
• INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
• Familiarity with system architecture tools such as DoDAF, TODAF, etc.
Mandatory: Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Notable Perks and Benefits:
Aeyon’s benefit plan year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. The following list depicts what Aeyon offers its employees.
What can you plan for? Great question, here’s an overview for you!
• Base Salary
• Health Care Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental)
• 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
• 100% Employer paid Short Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Observed Federal Holidays
• Vision – Seeing is believing!
• Pet Insurance – They’re family too!
• Life/ Disability – If needed
• LifeLock – You are you, and no one should take that away!
• Professional Certification Reimbursement Program (PMP, SHRM, CDFM, ETC…)
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• … and other additional company offerings!
• All active regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in Aeyon’s benefits program.
• Benefits are effective on your date of hire!
Here at Aeyon we believe in creating an environment that fosters a healthy work/ life balance. The typical day consists of a 9-5 Monday-Friday work schedule totaling 40 hours per week, but we do realize that life happens, and things come up. Many of our positions allow some flexibility in the work schedule for unforeseen events so that our employees can maintain a 40-hour work week and still have the opportunity to meet other obligations during the workday.
For most positions at Aeyon, a candidate must have or be able to obtain a company sponsored security clearance. A security clearance is like a background check. It is required for individuals who are hired for US government jobs or any organization that handles information pertaining to national security. The security clearance process ensures your ability to securely access, manage, and protect classified information. Although the security clearance process involves several stages, the key steps to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance are pre-investigation, investigation, adjudication, and reinvestigation.
Being a part of Aeyon means contributing to what matters most in your career and in your community while taking part in rewarding experiences and making a difference. At Aeyon we are committed to supporting initiatives like Wreaths across America, Operation Covert Santa, Children’s National Hospital and so many more! In addition, Aeyon is pleased to announce its annual scholarships to support and encourage dependents of Aeyon employees enrolled in an accredited college or trade/technical school.
We’re committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for every teammate, with great opportunities for professional growth. If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission, then we are excited to meet you! Applying today is the way to start your Journey as an Aeyon employee.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”