LABOR CATEGORY: ENSSP3 - Systems Engineer Associate
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Systems Engineer - Verification for EHP (EVA & Human
Surface Mobility Program) SE&I
LOCATION: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a
passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We
need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable
the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on
our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest
engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer - Verification for EHP (EVA & Human Surface Mobility Program)
SE& to join our team with the Engineering Department.
The selected candidate will:
- Serve as a member of the EVA and Human Surface Mobility Program (EHP) SE&I team for Requirements, Interfaces, and Verification (RIV).
- Develop verification events plans, including plans for joint integrated testing.
- Assess verification methods and approaches for existing requirements, define detailed verification objectives and
verification events in support of Gateway timelines.
- Serve as the EHP SE&I point of contact for coordinating this effort with Gateway.
- Assist in the development of the EHP Verification & Validation plan.
- Integrate verification plans across multiple programs and projects, including within EHP.
- Utilize prior experience in the project development/systems engineering lifecycle and systems engineering to provide
insight into the planning and executing verification. Experience with verification planning and verification closure are highly
- Develop Detailed Verification Objectives, Validation Objectives, Verification Events, and Verification Closure Notices for
EHP requirements in coordination with requirement owners and stakeholders.
- Work with team members to identify risks, and develop risk statements and responses.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or
an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. from
an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience with system Verification and Validation planning and execution for aerospace systems.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with the NASA Systems Development Lifecycle, Life Cycle Reviews, and associated products.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and associated documentation.
- Ability to prepare written documents and verbally present at various meetings.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineers
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC engineering processes.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases as well as typical systems engineering products.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Experience with systems engineering toolsets to include MBSE.
- Experience with verification planning and verification closure.
The implementation and enforcement of Executive Order 14043 is currently suspended under an injunction pending further litigation. Once the litigation concludes, Candidates may be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to accommodation.
Individuals are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
If you are entitled to an accommodation, please advise your Aeyon liaison, and they will consult our Human Resources Department for consideration.