LABOR CATEGORY: ESCG-EN1– Engineer 1
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Lunar Terrain Vehicle Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a
passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We
need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable
the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on
our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest
engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lunar Terrain Vehicle Systems Engineer with JETS teammate company, Aerodyne
The Lunar Terrain Vehicle Systems Engineer will:
- Work as part of a team that is developing the next-generation lunar rover for Artemis crews on the lunar surface.
- Be responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintenance of requirements and verification plans.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop systems engineering plans (SEMP, V&V Plan, CM Plan, and more)
for[CDG1] implementation across the project.
- Prepare materials such as presentations, material reviews, and other related documentation for the system life cycle
phasing, including SRR (System Readiness Review), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), and Critical Design Review
- Work with team members to identify technical risks, develop risk statements, and help them plan risk responses
including mitigation and avoidance actions.
- Perform and review system-level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
- Utilize a requirements management software tool such as DOORS, Cradle.
- Utilize a model-based systems engineering tool such as MagicDraw.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and raise issues.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Perform other tasks assigned.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position. - Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation. - Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Work experience in a Systems Engineering role in a NASA, DoD, or Aerospace environment.
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, risk analysis, and system analysis of space hardware.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as
mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, and design software and tools.
- Ability to prepare written documents and verbally present at various meetings.
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and share point sites as well as typical systems engineering
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Experience with university projects such as solar car, SAE Baja, CubeSats, and/or NASA programs such as L'Space,
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”