LABOR CATEGORY: ESCG-EN2– Engineer 2
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Avionics Network Lab Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a
passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you! We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States. We have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Network Lab Engineer to join our team with JETS teammate company,
Barrios Technology, Inc.
The Avionics Network Lab Engineer will:
- Maintain and update spacecraft avionics lab hardware and software
- Validate C&DH subsystem requirements
- Validate spacecraft network interface requirements
- Configure and troubleshoot development hardware and software with limited documentation
- Identifying bugs, and working with the product vendor to reproduce and resolve
- Organize and manage multiple priorities
- Communicate and demonstrate progress to management
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position. - Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation. - Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or
an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. from
an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer networking technology especially at Layer 2
- Experience architecting Computer Networks and using Network Management Tools
- Familiarity with Network Troubleshooting Techniques
- Experience with a Scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with IEEE802.3 (Ethernet) standards
- Familiarity with Linux systems, programming with C/C+
- Knowledge and understanding of computer network Layer 3 technology
- Avionic network systems design and development (electrical or software)
- Experience with real-time embedded programing with C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with VxWorks RTOS
- Experience with socket programing
- Familiarity with Git or other similar configuration management/version control systems
- Familiar with commercial products available in computer networking technology
- Familiarity with Time-Triggered Ethernet (TTE) (SAE AS6802) and AFDX (ARINC 664p7)
- Familiarity with AFDX (ARINC 664p7)
- Experience with BASH scripting
- Hardware cabling standards
- Experience with spacecraft avionics and circuit design or analysis is a plus
- Previous experience in the application of computer network technology in space systems.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”