LABOR CATEGORY: ESCG-EN4 - Engineer 4
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Senior Fracture Control Engineer for Spaceflight Hardware
LOCATION: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a
passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We
need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable
the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on
our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest
engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fracture Control Engineer for Spaceflight Hardware to join our team with
JETS teammate company, Barrios Technology, Inc.
The Senior Fracture Control Engineer for Spaceflight Hardware will:
- Review Payload Safety Review Data packages to ensure payloads are meeting NASA Fracture Control requirements.
Coordinate with NASA Fracture Control authority on payload reviews. Provide the Safety Review Panel with comments
and recommendations concerning approval for Fracture Control
- Provide expertise in fracture control processes as used in the design, development, test, evaluation, and processing of
- Advise on the solution of fracture control-related problems.
- Participate in technical reviews as required.
- Participate in the effort of identifying anomalies and serves as a technical expert providing engineering
recommendations, as required for resolution of any associated problems or issues.
- Evaluate compliance of flight hardware against established fracture control requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of direct
engineering experience, or an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct
engineering experience, or a Ph.D. degree and nine (9) years of direct engineering experience.
- Understanding of NASA Standards and requirements for fracture control processes and standards.
- General knowledge of engineering materials (metals, intermetallic, ceramics, polymers, and composites) as well as a
basic understanding of engineering systems (fasteners, pressure vessels, etc.) and Non-destructive Evaluation (NDE)
- Ability to effectively utilize oral and written communication to express technical concepts and recommendations to
personnel at all technical and managerial levels.
- Ability to work effectively, rationally, and quickly in real-time environments of rapid change, conflicting requirements, and occasional pressure.
- Extensive knowledge in Fracture Classification and experience and evidence of NASA Program support in this area.
- In-depth knowledge of fracture control as it relates to the implementation of fracture control requirements on spaceflight
hardware, and a good understanding of the risks associated with Fracture Classifications.
- Familiar with NASGRO.
- Fracture Mechanics knowledge is helpful but not necessary.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”