Aeyon is committed to Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Innovation – Always!
At the very center of Aeyon’s core values is our unwavering commitment to a culture that always focuses on the success of our customers, provides rewarding careers for our employees, and gives back to our communities.
Excellence is at the core of our service delivery model and drives our success. We embrace our obligation to our employees and our communities. We maintain integrity in all that we do for our customers and our corporate selves, and we seek innovation in service to the Country.
Your day-to-day work will include:
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer - Radiation Survivability Engineer to join our team with the Engineering Division.
The Electronics Design Engineer - Radiation Survivability Engineer will:
• Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of group of over 45 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers
• Work directly with or as a Team Lead and associated Electrical Engineers on a given project.
• Support new designs from conception, analysis, and manufacturing, through to operational test and deployment
• Provide design support and guidance in various aspects of Electronics System Development.
• Be familiar with NASA specifications for Electronics Component development.
• Develop component test stand architectures for various components.
• Design and generate electrical component and lab instrumentation test system designs.
• Develop and or modify LabVIEW code for various test systems.
• Develop detailed test verification procedures.
• Work with electrical and mechanical technicians to build and test designed systems.
• Develop and test various breakout boxes and digital/analog sensor emulation systems.
• Perform electrical evaluation/selection of instrumentation (pressure transducers, flow meters, pumps, fans, RTDs, Thermocouples, etc.)
• Troubleshoot and repair existing test systems.
• Conduct analog and digital printed circuit board design for various application needs.
• Develop test software modules to perform specific tests.
• Work with eCAD designer to develop printed circuit board designs.
• Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering in the field or in a related area.
• Background in engineering / physics
• Familiarity with fundamental semiconductor physics and understanding of electronic circuits.
• Familiarity with semiconductor electronic, electro-mechanical, and electro-optical piece-parts functionality
• Ability to reduce and present test data.
• Inquiring and analytic mind able to handle ambiguities inherent to stochastic and deterministic effects analysis.
• Interest and ability to perform in a dynamic engineering field and absorb science and technical publication data into daily practice and process development.
• The position requires occasional travel and non-standard work schedule for radiation testing.
• Radiation survivability test and analysis experience is strongly desired.
• Circuit simulation / transient analyses
• Understanding of the space ionizing radiation environment
• Understanding of electronic semiconductor device physics and space ionizing radiation
• effects on electronic components (SEE, TID, DDD)
• Familiarity with heavy ion and proton test facilities
• Familiarity with space radiation analysis software such as CREME96, SPENVIS, IRENE
• Familiarity with EEE and Electro-optical Parts NASA processes
• Prior experience with electrical schematic entry and printed circuit board layout tools such as Altium Designer
• Familiarity with electronics testing and instrumentation including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic.
• analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers and data acquisition
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of the team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with circuit design engineers and radiation physicists, write test plans and test and analysis reports.
• Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS OneNote, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering in the field or in a related area.
Notable Perks and Benefits:
Aeyon’s benefit plan year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. The following list depicts what Aeyon offers its employees.
What can you plan for? Great question, here’s an overview for you!
• Base Salary
• Health Care Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental)
• 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
• 100% Employer paid Short Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Observed Federal Holidays
• Vision – Seeing is believing!
• Pet Insurance – They’re family too!
• Life/ Disability – If needed
• LifeLock – You are you, and no one should take that away!
• Professional Certification Reimbursement Program (PMP, SHRM, CDFM, ETC…)
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• … and other additional company offerings!
• All active regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in Aeyon’s benefits program.
• Benefits are effective on your date of hire!
Here at Aeyon we believe in creating an environment that fosters a healthy work/ life balance. The typical day consists of a 9-5 Monday-Friday work schedule totaling 40 hours per week, but we do realize that life happens, and things come up. Many of our positions allow some flexibility in the work schedule for unforeseen events so that our employees can maintain a 40-hour work week and still have the opportunity to meet other obligations during the workday.
For most positions at Aeyon, a candidate must have or be able to obtain a company sponsored security clearance. A security clearance is like a background check. It is required for individuals who are hired for US government jobs or any organization that handles information pertaining to national security. The security clearance process ensures your ability to securely access, manage, and protect classified information. Although the security clearance process involves several stages, the key steps to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance are pre-investigation, investigation, adjudication, and reinvestigation.
Being a part of Aeyon means contributing to what matters most in your career and in your community while taking part in rewarding experiences and making a difference. At Aeyon we are committed to supporting initiatives like Wreaths across America, Operation Covert Santa, Children’s National Hospital and so many more! In addition, Aeyon is pleased to announce its annual scholarships to support and encourage dependents of Aeyon employees enrolled in an accredited college or trade/technical school.
We’re committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for every teammate, with great opportunities for professional growth. If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission, then we are excited to meet you! Applying today is the way to start your Journey as an Aeyon employee.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”