Aeyon is committed to Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Innovation – Always!
At the very center of Aeyon’s core values is our unwavering commitment to a culture that always focuses on the success of our customers, provides rewarding careers for our employees, and gives back to our communities.
Excellence is at the core of our service delivery model and drives our success. We embrace our obligation to our employees and our communities. We maintain integrity in all that we do for our customers and our corporate selves, and we seek innovation in service to the Country.
Your day-to-day work will include:
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the universe’s origins, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable space exploration while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a System Safety Engineer to join our team with the Safety & Environmental Health Division.
The selected candidate will:
• Provide product and project safety expertise to Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) Flight projects, Space Flight projects, and Payload Flight projects for NASA programs (ISS, Artemis, Gateway)
• Act as an integral member of the Project Team for all phases of the project, from project kick-off and development (SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.) through product delivery for flight
• Develop the initial safety assessment (Initial Assessment of Criticality), Hazard Analysis, Failure Modes, and Effects Analysis, and the Safety Data Package for the project
• Represent the project at all Safety Reviews and act as the project safety expert
• Present Safety Data Packages to the Safety Review Panel (SRP), MPCV Safety & Engineering Review Panel (MSERP, and/or the International Space Station (ISS) Payload Safety Review Panel (PSRP)
• Provide high-quality documentation deliverables per the project schedule
• Support safety document updates for modifications to existing flight products
• Support projects on other safety activities as necessary
• Provide weekly accomplishment and status reports to the Manager of Flight Systems Safety
• Provide rough orders of magnitude (ROMs) and basis of estimates (BOEs) for projects and tasks.
• Perform other duties as required
• Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management
• Experience working directly with customers and regulatory agencies (e.g., DOD, NASA, FAA, DCMA, or Range Safety) to achieve safety objectives
• Perform other duties as required
• Ability to work on multiple projects, within matrix team environments, and to demanding schedules is required. Examples of capabilities may be requested during the interview process.
• Possess strong communication and leadership skills
• System Safety experience in the aerospace industry
• Ability to develop fault trees and failure modes, effects, and analyses using root cause analysis processes
• Ability to perform hazard analysis and develop hazard reports
• Possess a strong background in spaceflight systems safety and systems engineering
• Ten (5) years of experience with NASA/JSC flight hardware processes
• System Safety experience at Johnson Space Center is highly desired
• Experience with IVA and EVA hardware and crew systems development efforts
• Experience in Reliability Engineering is highly desired
• Experience with task order contracts
• Experience in developing schedules, budgets, and project plans
Mandatory: Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience in the field or a related area.
Notable Perks and Benefits:
Aeyon’s benefit plan year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. The following list depicts what Aeyon offers its employees.
What can you plan for? Great question, here’s an overview for you!
• Base Salary
• Health Care Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental)
• 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
• 100% Employer paid Short Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Observed Federal Holidays
• Vision – Seeing is believing!
• Pet Insurance – They’re family too!
• Life/ Disability – If needed
• LifeLock – You are you, and no one should take that away!
• Professional Certification Reimbursement Program (PMP, SHRM, CDFM, ETC…)
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• … and other additional company offerings!
• All active regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in Aeyon’s benefits program.
• Benefits are effective on your date of hire!
Here at Aeyon we believe in creating an environment that fosters a healthy work/ life balance. The typical day consists of a 9-5 Monday-Friday work schedule totaling 40 hours per week, but we do realize that life happens, and things come up. Many of our positions allow some flexibility in the work schedule for unforeseen events so that our employees can maintain a 40-hour work week and still have the opportunity to meet other obligations during the workday.
For most positions at Aeyon, a candidate must have or be able to obtain a company sponsored security clearance. A security clearance is like a background check. It is required for individuals who are hired for US government jobs or any organization that handles information pertaining to national security. The security clearance process ensures your ability to securely access, manage, and protect classified information. Although the security clearance process involves several stages, the key steps to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance are pre-investigation, investigation, adjudication, and reinvestigation.
Being a part of Aeyon means contributing to what matters most in your career and in your community while taking part in rewarding experiences and making a difference. At Aeyon we are committed to supporting initiatives like Wreaths across America, Operation Covert Santa, Children’s National Hospital and so many more! In addition, Aeyon is pleased to announce its annual scholarships to support and encourage dependents of Aeyon employees enrolled in an accredited college or trade/technical school.
We’re committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for every teammate, with great opportunities for professional growth. If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission, then we are excited to meet you! Applying today is the way to start your Journey as an Aeyon employee.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”