Aeyon is committed to Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Innovation – Always!
At the very center of Aeyon’s core values is our unwavering commitment to a culture that always focuses on the success of our customers, provides rewarding careers for our employees, and gives back to our communities.
Excellence is at the core of our service delivery model and drives our success. We embrace our obligation to our employees and our communities. We maintain integrity in all that we do for our customers and our corporate selves, and we seek innovation in service to the Country.
Your day-to-day work will include:
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. We have an exciting opportunity for a Battery Systems Engineer to join our team.
The Battery Systems Engineer will:
• Understand the Concept of Operations (ConOps).
• Assess system level architectures, possible trade study assessments, and update recommended architectures.
• Understand Power requirements based on ConOps and flow down requirements.
• Review and provide input to system and sub-system level requirements.
• Understand/modify verification and validation plan if needed including verification matrix (success criteria for requirements) and track items to completion.
• Perform requirements and interface management, including preparation of change requests, assessment of impacts and management of requirements traceability, updates to verification planning and verification criteria, and interface control documents.
• Provide written and oral statuses in the form of presentations or reports.
• Prepare materials and track open actions for integrated analysis cycles.
• Investigate technology development opportunities for power considerations.
• Work with team members to perform risk management, including identification, mitigation planning and tracking.
• Adapt to new design constraints, functions, and configurations as needed.
• Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
• Define test flow, identify, and account for dependencies, and collaborate with the battery assembly and integration teams.
• As needed, initiate collaboration with component and instrument owners to reach and document concurrence.
• Review content of Power Interface Control Document (ICD) and collaborate with other subsystem teams to define Rover requirements and capture subsystem needs.
• Integrate requirements flow-down (for example: Level 2 to Level 3 to Level 4).
• Manage the requirements from environmental specifications and applicable splinter documents.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents and verification plans. For example, at Johnson Space Center these documents are called PTRS (Project Technical Requirements Specification), Verification and Validation documents (V&VD), and ICD (Interface Control Document).
• Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents including functional requirements and verification success criteria.
• Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space power systems.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, and design software and tools.
• Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including SharePoint and TEAMS.
• BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience within the power engineering and systems engineering fields.
• Prefer aerospace or electrical engineering degree.
• Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes.
• INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
• Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines.
• Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and SharePoint sites.
• Familiarity with state-of-the-art requirements management and model-based systems engineering tools.
• Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection.
• Experience with power requirements and analyses.
Mandatory: Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Notable Perks and Benefits:
Aeyon’s benefit plan year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. The following list depicts what Aeyon offers its employees.
What can you plan for? Great question, here’s an overview for you!
• Base Salary
• Health Care Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental)
• 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
• 100% Employer paid Short Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Observed Federal Holidays
• Vision – Seeing is believing!
• Pet Insurance – They’re family too!
• Life/ Disability – If needed
• LifeLock – You are you, and no one should take that away!
• Professional Certification Reimbursement Program (PMP, SHRM, CDFM, ETC…)
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• … and other additional company offerings!
• All active regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in Aeyon’s benefits program.
• Benefits are effective on your date of hire!
Here at Aeyon we believe in creating an environment that fosters a healthy work/ life balance. The typical day consists of a 9-5 Monday-Friday work schedule totaling 40 hours per week, but we do realize that life happens, and things come up. Many of our positions allow some flexibility in the work schedule for unforeseen events so that our employees can maintain a 40-hour work week and still have the opportunity to meet other obligations during the workday.
For most positions at Aeyon, a candidate must have or be able to obtain a company sponsored security clearance. A security clearance is like a background check. It is required for individuals who are hired for US government jobs or any organization that handles information pertaining to national security. The security clearance process ensures your ability to securely access, manage, and protect classified information. Although the security clearance process involves several stages, the key steps to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance are pre-investigation, investigation, adjudication, and reinvestigation.
Being a part of Aeyon means contributing to what matters most in your career and in your community while taking part in rewarding experiences and making a difference. At Aeyon we are committed to supporting initiatives like Wreaths across America, Operation Covert Santa, Children’s National Hospital and so many more! In addition, Aeyon is pleased to announce its annual scholarships to support and encourage dependents of Aeyon employees enrolled in an accredited college or trade/technical school.
We’re committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for every teammate, with great opportunities for professional growth. If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission, then we are excited to meet you! Applying today is the way to start your Journey as an Aeyon employee.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”