Aeyon is committed to Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Innovation – Always!
At the very center of Aeyon’s core values is our unwavering commitment to a culture that always focuses on the success of our customers, provides rewarding careers for our employees, and gives back to our communities.
Excellence is at the core of our service delivery model and drives our success. We embrace our obligation to our employees and our communities. We maintain integrity in all that we do for our customers and our corporate selves, and we seek innovation in service to the Country.
Your day-to-day work will include:
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the universe’s origins, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems enabling space exploration while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
The Space Environments Engineer will:
• Provide support to the NASA JSC programs in the definition of natural and induced space environments.
• Provide systems engineering support to the NASA JSC programs in space environments requirements and verification activities, working in concert with NASA civil servants and designated contractors.
• Evaluate induced environmental hazards between elements or vehicles over the operational life period.
• Conduct systems engineering trade studies to identify potential risks and mitigations.
• Develop and update semi-empirical and theoretical models.
• Analyze/model molecular contamination and transport of contaminants from materials outgassing lunar dust, vacuum venting, and rocket engine thruster plumes onto elements/vehicles.
• Analyze optical property impacts from molecular contamination with exposure to the orbital environment (ultraviolet radiation, ionizing radiation, and atomic oxygen).
• Analyze/model plasma effects and spacecraft charging.
• Analyze/model radiation transport and effects on element hardware.
• Assess the compatibility of spacecraft hardware with natural and induced space environments.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in Computer Programing.
• Strong analytical and computational skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary field.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of natural and induced Space Environments (Cislunar – Near Rectilinear Halo Orbit (NRHO), Low Earth Orbit (LEO), Geostationary Orbit (GEO), and High Earth Orbit (HEO)).
• Knowledge of GCR, solar wind/ plasma, CMEs/SEPs, solar irradiance, micrometeoroid, and cislunar gravity models and definitions.
• Knowledge of lunar dust characteristics and effects.
• Experience with developing software to implement analytical models.
• Experience with materials outgassing, molecular transport, thin film deposition, optical property degradation, molecular gas dynamics, and/or multi-phase flows.
• Experience with hypergolic and Hall Effect thrusters' operation as well as associated plume characteristics.
• Experience with plasma charging analyses, ionizing radiation analyses, and/or related tools (NASCAP, SPIS, IRI, AE9/AP9, CREME96, SHIELDOSE, ESP/PHYCHIC, etc).
• Experience with external contamination/molecular deposition analysis codes and/or tools (e.g, Tecplot, NX, HyperWorks, ParaView, Matlab, LS Dyna, etc.)
• Experience with the Gateway Program, other NASA programs, and/or other space projects.
• Experience with the LINUX operating system
Mandatory: Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• 3 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g., M.S. or Ph.D.).
Preferred: Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Nuclear), Physics, or Chemistry
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering.
• 5 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. M.S. or Ph.D.).
Notable Perks and Benefits:
Aeyon’s benefit plan year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. The following list depicts what Aeyon offers its employees.
What can you plan for? Great question, here’s an overview for you!
• Base Salary
• Health Care Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental)
• 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
• 100% Employer paid Short Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Observed Federal Holidays
• Vision – Seeing is believing!
• Pet Insurance – They’re family too!
• Life/ Disability – If needed
• LifeLock – You are you, and no one should take that away!
• Professional Certification Reimbursement Program (PMP, SHRM, CDFM, ETC…)
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• … and other additional company offerings!
• All active regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in Aeyon’s benefits program.
• Benefits are effective on your date of hire!
Here at Aeyon we believe in creating an environment that fosters a healthy work/ life balance. The typical day consists of a 9-5 Monday-Friday work schedule totaling 40 hours per week, but we do realize that life happens, and things come up. Many of our positions allow some flexibility in the work schedule for unforeseen events so that our employees can maintain a 40-hour work week and still have the opportunity to meet other obligations during the workday.
For most positions at Aeyon, a candidate must have or be able to obtain a company sponsored security clearance. A security clearance is like a background check. It is required for individuals who are hired for US government jobs or any organization that handles information pertaining to national security. The security clearance process ensures your ability to securely access, manage, and protect classified information. Although the security clearance process involves several stages, the key steps to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance are pre-investigation, investigation, adjudication, and reinvestigation.
Being a part of Aeyon means contributing to what matters most in your career and in your community while taking part in rewarding experiences and making a difference. At Aeyon we are committed to supporting initiatives like Wreaths across America, Operation Covert Santa, Children’s National Hospital and so many more! In addition, Aeyon is pleased to announce its annual scholarships to support and encourage dependents of Aeyon employees enrolled in an accredited college or trade/technical school.
We’re committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for every teammate, with great opportunities for professional growth. If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission, then we are excited to meet you! Applying today is the way to start your Journey as an Aeyon employee.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”