BILLABLE LABOR CATEGORY: Electrical Cable/ Harness Design Drafter
CAREER LADDER TITLE: SME I, II
LOCATION: Houston, TX
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems enabling space exploration while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working with NASA at centers across the United States.
The Electrical Design Drafter will:
- Support NASA Johnson Space Center's (JSC) activities on the International Space Station and space exploration
- Promote and practice safety awareness
- Produce CAD engineering electrical cable and harness drawings using AutoCAD and PTC CREO conforming to NASA.
- JSC JPR 8500.4 drawing requirements and the ASME Y14 drawing standards
- Coordinate with design and project engineers regarding drawing requirements and inputs
- Monitor the progress of engineering-assigned drawings
- Communicate with Design and Project Engineers on drawing redlined updates and corrections
- Prepare and present design and drawing documentation using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- - Support and attend meetings and create
- - Perform other duties as required
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- AS degree in CAD, Certification of two (2) years of training from a vocational training school or two (2) years of college with courses relevant to drafting or engineering principles, plus an additional four to six (4 - 6) years of relevant experience.
- Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the progressive experience
- Must have the ability to produce drawings conforming to ASME Y14 standards
- Must have experience with electrical cable and harness design drawings
- Must have knowledge of electrical drawing symbols and applications
- Must have experience with electro-mechanical design and systems
- Ability to interpret vendor specification sheets and other technical documentation
- Must have AutoCAD experience
- Must have some experience using PTC CREO
- Must have knowledge of CAD file conversions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- - Strong computer skills with MS Office Software Products such as Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS teams
- Ability to make independent, technical, and tactical decisions with high attention to details
- Ability to multitask and function safely in a high pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarization with JSC Engineering Drawing System Manual (NASA/JSC JPR 8500)
- Familiarization with JSC Fabrication Tolerances and Practices (SKZ36103755)
- Knowledge of electrical cable and harness assemblies
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing flight hardware and creating drawings for NASA/JSC
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using AutoCAD
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using PTC CREO
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”