LABOR CATEGORY: ESCG-EN1 - Engineer 1
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Commercial Crew ECLSS Systems Management Engineer
LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
We are looking for a Commercial Crew ECLSS Project/System Engineer to join our team with Oceaneering Space Systems, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills? As a Commercial Crew ECLSS Project/System Engineer you will:
- Review system architectures, hardware requirements, designs, assembly procedures, test plans, procedures and data of Commercial Crew Vehicle Environmental Control and Life Support System (ECLSS) to ensure approaches are sound, component/material selection is appropriate for the intended usage, and suitable for the proposed application.
- Support mission operations and simulations in-person at JSC; support may be outside of normal business hours.
- Evaluate and trend system performance through flight telemetry data.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to system architectures, hardware requirements, designs, test plans, and procedures if disparities/deficiencies are identified.
- Track ECLSS verification and safety action items and schedules.
- Travel as required in support of technical reviews and exchanges.
- Work both independently and in a team environment, and report directly and support System Management.
- Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
- Provide recommendations for program acceptance of requirements verification, testing, risks and hazards.
- Perform other duties as required.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position. - Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”