LABOR CATEGORY: ESCG-EN2 – Engineer 2
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Electronics Design Engineer – Space Exploration Electronics 2
LOCATION: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a
passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We
need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable
the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on
our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest
engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronics Systems to work with
JETS teammate company, Oceaneering Space Systems. Do you have the following skills?
As an Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronics Systems you will:
- Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of a group of over 55 other Electronics and
- Work directly with or as a Team Lead and associated Electrical Engineers on a given project.
- Support new designs from conception, analysis, and manufacturing, through to operational test and deployment
- Provide design support and guidance in various aspects of Electronics System Development
- Be familiar with NASA specifications for Electronics Component development
- Develop component test stand architectures for various components
- Design and generate electrical components and lab instrumentation test system designs
- Develop and or modify LabVIEW code for various test systems
- Develop detailed test verification procedures
- Work with electrical and mechanical technicians to build and test designed systems
- Develop and test various breakout boxes and digital/analog sensor emulation systems
- Perform electrical evaluation/selection of instrumentation (pressure transducers, flow meters, pumps, fans, RTDs,
- Troubleshoot and repair existing test systems
- Conduct analog and digitally printed circuit board design for various application needs
- Develop test software modules to perform specific tests
- Work with eCAD designer to develop printed circuit board designs
- Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Proof of US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency. Must be able to complete a US Government Background Check
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or
an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. from
an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
Prior experience with Analog, Digital, and Power electrical schematic entry and printed circuit board layout tools such as
- Prior experience with data acquisition systems (especially National Instruments) and LabVIEW code development
- Prior experience with FPGA circuitry design and coding in associated VHDL development environments.
- Prior experience with microcontroller circuitry design and associated embedded software development environments
- Prior experience in cable design for space applications
- Prior experience with JSC standards and processes
- Familiarity with data interface protocols and associated hardware such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load
banks, power supplies, power analyzers
- Prior experience with cable design
- Prior experience in the design and test of analog instrumentation systems
- Prior experience in the design and test of stepper and brushless DC-DC control circuits
- Prior experience in the design and test of power supply and conditioning systems
- Prior experience in version control software like Subversion (SVN)
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment
Generally, an office environment can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5%of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with an established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust the schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”