Aeyon is committed to Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Innovation – Always!
At the very center of Aeyon’s core values is our unwavering commitment to a culture that always focuses on the success of our customers, provides rewarding careers for our employees, and gives back to our communities.
Excellence is at the core of our service delivery model and drives our success. We embrace our obligation to our employees and our communities. We maintain integrity in all that we do for our customers and our corporate selves, and we seek innovation in service to the Country.
Your day-to-day work will include:
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the universe’s origins, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable space exploration while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Spacecraft Rendezvous and Proximity Operations GN&C Engineer to join our team.
In this position, you will work to provide technical oversight, program integration, and certification of visiting vehicle mission Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) systems to both the International Space Station (ISS) and future commercial space platforms.
The selected applicant will:
• Certify GNC system requirements compliance through review of analysis and test reports, including assessment of navigation sensor performance, trajectory dispersions, and other GN&C parameters
• Certify fault tolerance safety requirements compliance through review of GNC-related hazard reports and associated verification evidence, including communicating uncovered issues to a Safety Review Panel
• Identify and recommend solutions to GNC/Rendezvous and Proximity Operations performance-related issues
• Conduct performance assessments on delivered GN&C data from visiting vehicle providers and provide feedback on compliance
• Provide feedback on Monte Carlo trajectory analyses using independent 6 degrees-of-freedom simulations
• Provide engineering inputs to operational products, such as flight rules and on-orbit demonstration plans
• Provide console support during real-time ground monitoring of the visiting vehicle's GN&C system on missions
• Maintain relationships with a diverse technical team, including personnel from engineering, safety, flight operations, crew office, and visiting vehicle providers
• Perform other duties as required
• Experience with orbital mechanics and GNC principles
• Knowledge in the development of GNC algorithms and analyzing system performance for spacecraft
• Experience with design, verification, testing, and operation of GNC hardware and software
• Experience with the development of space system requirements and documents
• Strong interpersonal skills to enable successful performance in a collaborative engineering environment
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
• Ability to prepare written documents and to present verbally at various meetings.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees
• Experience with Microsoft Office products
• MS in Aerospace Engineering with a focus on GNC, flight controls, and orbital mechanics
• Experience with spacecraft rendezvous, proximity operations, and capture/docking
• Experience developing, verifying, and validating simulation models
• Familiarity with spacecraft docking systems
• Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements, including safety and fault tolerance
Mandatory: Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Engineering and may be expected to have a related master's or higher degree and normally possess 15+ years of related experience.
Notable Perks and Benefits:
Aeyon’s benefit plan year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. The following list depicts what Aeyon offers its employees.
What can you plan for? Great question, here’s an overview for you!
• Base Salary
• Health Care Coverage (Health, Vision, and Dental)
• 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
• 100% Employer paid Short Term Disability Coverage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Observed Federal Holidays
• Vision – Seeing is believing!
• Pet Insurance – They’re family too!
• Life/ Disability – If needed
• LifeLock – You are you, and no one should take that away!
• Professional Certification Reimbursement Program (PMP, SHRM, CDFM, ETC…)
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• … and other additional company offerings!
• All active regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in Aeyon’s benefits program.
• Benefits are effective on your date of hire!
Here at Aeyon we believe in creating an environment that fosters a healthy work/ life balance. The typical day consists of a 9-5 Monday-Friday work schedule totaling 40 hours per week, but we do realize that life happens, and things come up. Many of our positions allow some flexibility in the work schedule for unforeseen events so that our employees can maintain a 40-hour work week and still have the opportunity to meet other obligations during the workday.
For most positions at Aeyon, a candidate must have or be able to obtain a company sponsored security clearance. A security clearance is like a background check. It is required for individuals who are hired for US government jobs or any organization that handles information pertaining to national security. The security clearance process ensures your ability to securely access, manage, and protect classified information. Although the security clearance process involves several stages, the key steps to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance are pre-investigation, investigation, adjudication, and reinvestigation.
Being a part of Aeyon means contributing to what matters most in your career and in your community while taking part in rewarding experiences and making a difference. At Aeyon we are committed to supporting initiatives like Wreaths across America, Operation Covert Santa, Children’s National Hospital and so many more! In addition, Aeyon is pleased to announce its annual scholarships to support and encourage dependents of Aeyon employees enrolled in an accredited college or trade/technical school.
We’re committed to fostering a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for every teammate, with great opportunities for professional growth. If you’re excited by the benefits, blown away by all the perks, and inspired by our values and mission, then we are excited to meet you! Applying today is the way to start your Journey as an Aeyon employee.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”