LABOR CATEGORY: ESCG-EN2 – Engineer 2
AEYON POSITION TITLE: Test/Integration Engineer – VIPER Lunar Rover Systems Integration & Test (SI&T)
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a
passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We
need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable
the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on
our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest
engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Test/Integration Engineer – VIPER Lunar Rover Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) to join our team with Teammate company, GeoControl Systems, Inc.
As a Test/Integration Engineer – VIPER Lunar Rover Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) you will:
- Support autonomous lunar rover development for future Moon operations.
- Support a highly agile, tight-knit team to stand up SI&T facilities, processes, and procedures and transition into SI&T
oversight and application for Engineering Development Units testing and flight hardware integration. The focus of this
position will be on overall rover system integration, functional check-outs, and integrated end-to-end testing – including
environmental testing - and check-out.
- Support System Integration and Test processes to ensure successful integration, test, and delivery of the Surface
- Develop test procedures and work instructions for rover avionics, mechanical, and science systems integration and test.
- Role will require day-to-day flexibility in working issues, and concerns, and ensuring element success.
- Work in a team environment, and report to the project lead or project manager for technical support, task assignment, and
- Plan and execute hardware troubleshooting to investigate mechanical and electrical failures with hardware.
- Interface frequently with inter-organizational disciplines, NASA System Managers, and operational customers.
- Work with team members to identify risks, develop risk statements, and help them plan risk responses.
- Support the SI&T Lead in the development and maintenance of the SI&T schedule, tracking progress and reporting
- Monitor scheduled deliverables against established plans.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position. - Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation. - Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or
an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. from
an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Self-motivated, team player, adaptable to a dynamic environment, and the ability to complete all assignments as
required is a MUST.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to effectively interact with customers and
management at all levels.
- Ability to prepare written documents and verbally present at various meetings.
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical/electrical systems and work with others in problem
solving as part of a team.
- Experience with integration test planning and procedure development.
- Experience in an avionics laboratory setting and lab equipment familiarity.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products.
- Five (5) years of engineering experience, or an MS degree from an accredited engineering school.
- Experience with avionics or mechanical systems integration and testing for spaceflight or aircraft hardware.
- Experience with Fastening and Torquing.
- Experience with Harnessing.
- Experience with Contamination Control and cleanliness inspections.
- Experience as Test Operator/Conductor.
- Experience with environmental qualification testing requirements and procedures (example: vibration, shock, EMI, etc.)
- Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering degree.
- Experience with NASA/JSC Class I flight hardware to process and certification.
- Experience with flight hardware processing for spaceflight.
- Familiarity with common hand tools and proficiency in using them to perform. assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting
of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Prior experience with hardware anomaly troubleshooting and failure analysis.
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”