LABOR CATEGORY: EN1/2/3/4 ESS
AEYON POSITION TITLE: RF Communication Systems
LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
The selected candidate will:
- Write Radio Frequency communication subsystem level Interface Requirements Documents (IRD), Verification
Requirements (VRs), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for spacecrafts. Review IRDs, ICDs and component level
requirements (Transponders, Transceivers, baseband processors).
- Review Link and network layer protocols implemented on communication systems based on CCSDS recommendations.
- Determine the performance of Radio Frequency (RF) communication links and create link budgets using analytical methods or by applying analysis to simulation tools.
- Actively participate and contribute to Systems Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary & Critical Design Reviews, Component level reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Perform Radio Frequency interference & compatibility analysis, Power Flux Density analysis, Spectral analysis for Space based communication systems.
- Assist and support NASA RF communication sub system manager with reviews, meetings and be the technical Point of Contact.
- Represent JSC and interface with other NASA centers and federal agencies.
- Perform analysis using software such as MATLAB, Simulink and Excel.
- Other duties as required.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Proof of U.S Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Must have a BS or a MS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
Must have completed college level RF Communications course work
- Must have strong analytical skills in RF communications
- Must have strong knowledge of communication systems such as digital modulation, spread spectrum signals, signal
detection, PN Ranging, forward error correction, and modulation/demodulation
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of orbital dynamics and STK software is a plus
- Knowledge in antennas, RF propagation and network layer protocols are a plus
- Knowledge of encryption/decryption for RF communication links is a plus
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
“Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aeyon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aeyon are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aeyon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics.”